An antique map engraved by B.R.Davies, published by The Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge , 59 Lincon's Inn Fields, March 1838. Shows great detail of roads and lanes, villages, towns, mills and castles. Locates individual buildings and some fields with the landowner's family name. Extends to the east to beyond Musselburgh, west to Kirkliston and south to Rutherford Castle and Pennicuik. Nice stipple work along the coast. Keyboard style border.
Approx 38cms by 30.5cms.